Guys, it’s time for a fun giveaway, but first let’s talk cookies. Like some of the best cookies I’ve ever made. Cookies that prove in a lot of cases more is better.
In these cookies, my favorite Flourless Almond Butter Cookies meet my favorite Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies to make giant super cookies. Yeah, super cookies. They’re a thing now.
First, these cookies are a breeze to make. No creaming or pulling out the stand mixer and dirtying a million dishes. No chilling in the refrigerator waiting impatiently for the dough to be ready to be baked. Measure, mix, scoop, bake. I may have made these in the morning and ate them hot from the oven. #sorrynotsorry #cookiesforbreakfast
Now let’s talk about why the combination of these two cookies that are totally craveable on their own makes them even better. The almond butter cookies bake up flat and relatively crunchy while the peanut butter cookies puff and are super moist and rich. Together, they make wonderful cookie babies. That just happen to be gluten free!
On the bottom is the crunchy almond cookie which bakes around the gooey peanut butter cookie. Eat one before the other, eat them together, melt marshmallows on top. Whatever you do, just make these cookies.
Now back to that super awesome giveaway. My friends at Peanut Butter and Company are going to give one lucky reader 1 jar of Old Fashioned Smooth Peanut Butter and 1 jar of Bestie Almond Butter. You will just love them. Use them to make the cookies, awesome PBJs, or spread them on a banana or apple.
To enter the giveaway, answer the question: What’s your favorite cookie?
To earn additional entries:
Like Pies and Plots on Facebook
Follow Pies and Plots on Twitter
Follow Pies and Plots on Pinterest
Follow Pies and Plots on Instagram
Follow Pies and Plots on Bloglovin’
For each entry you must leave an entirely separate comment on the blog. Each comment counts for 1 entry.
This giveaway is open to US residents only and ends on October 26, 2016 at 11:59 pm ET.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Make the almond cookies. In a medium bowl, stir together almond butter, sugar, baking soda, vanilla, egg, and chocolate or carob chips. Set aside.
- Make the peanut butter cookies. In a medium bowl, stir together peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, vanilla, egg, and Reese’s Pieces.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of the almond butter mixture and about 2 tablespoons of the peanut butter mixture and smoosh them together. Place on the baking sheet with the almond butter cookie down and repeat with all the dough.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and mostly set. Serve warm or cool completely on the tray. Cookies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in zipper bags for up to 3 months. Thaw in the microwave about 1 minute.