The song “I Took a Pill in Ibiza” makes me cry. It’s a good song, maybe even a great one. It is a bit sad, and I relate to the sadness in different ways than Mike Posner intended, but the beautiful thing about music is that we can all find meaning in it.
More than the sadness of the song, is the memory behind it. When Mom and I went to see Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas this summer, Mike Posner opened for them. We missed most of his set, but arrived just in time to see his two biggest songs: “Cooler than Me” and “I Took a Pill in Ibiza.” Since it was a hometown crowd for him, it was really something to see.
“I Took a Pill in Ibiza” is such a great song live, with the band and their tremendous talent shining. It filled me with emotion and passion, the crowd waving their hands and singing along, the music booming through my body. I wish I had seen the rest of his set, but those songs were the kickoff to a fabulous night.
Was it the best concert I’ve ever seen? No, but it was a stellar night. One I spent with my favorite person on earth, doing one of my favorite things, listening to music live.
While 2016 was not my favorite year, not even close, since it was filled with so much professional disappointment, in so many ways it was a wonderful year. One in which I had so much fun and pushed myself to be a better person. I have grown and changed and I can see that in myself.
That song will probably always make me cry, but I welcome those tears. They will remind me of everything 2016 was and wasn’t and make me keep fighting for the future and more great memories.
When trying to make things happen and have fun and do all the things I want to do with life, it is sometimes a struggle to make dinner, but I still do it nearly every single night. Easy recipes like these Chicken and Cheese Pita Sandwiches are the perfect way to do so.
These start with pita pockets. I used some leftovers from a dinner out, but your favorite from a restaurant will be perfect. Then there is some rotisserie chicken, cheese, lettuce, and cranberry jam for something different, and dinner is served. It doesn’t get easier than that!
May 2017 be full of great memories, dreams come true, and lots of homemade meals shared with the ones we love.
- Carefully open the pita pockets, trying not to tear them. Spread a thin layer of jam on the top side of the pita. Place a slice of cheese on the bottom, top with a handful of lettuce, and a bunch of shredded chicken. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Sandwich may also be warmed briefly in the microwave before adding the lettuce for a melty sandwich.
Don’t forget to check out all the other Sunday Supper dishes!
- Chicken Enchiladas by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Chicken Scarpariello by Sunday Supper Movement
- Honey Mustard Chicken & Rice Pilaf by Wholistic Woman
- Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts and Vegetables by Simple and Savory
- Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Roast Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Bucatini with Spinach Pesto by The Chef Next Door
- Chicken Marsala Lasagna Rollups by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Extra Cheesy Stuffed Shells by Positively Stacey
- Quick Chicken Piccata by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Mustard Pork Tenderloin by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cheesy Oven Omelette With Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Cranberry Orange Pork Roast by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Sweet and Garlicky Slow Cooker Pulled Pork by Family Foodie
SHEET PAN SUPPERS
- Dijon Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner by Casa de Crews
- Ranch Sheet Pan Pork Dinner by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs Provencal Style by Delaware Girl Eats
SOUP AND SANDWICH SUPPERS
- Chicken and Cheese Pita Sandwiches by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Chili by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Marinara Panini by The Freshman Cook
STOVE TOP SUPPERS
- Arroz con Coco y Lentejas – Coconut Rice with Lentils by Food Lust People Love
- Asian Tuna Noodle Bowls by Cooking Chat
- Haluski (Cabbage and Noodles) by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Quinoa Japanese Donburi Bowl by NinjaBaker.com
- One Pot Braised Lamb Shoulder Chops and Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking
- Slow Cooker Chicken Ratatouille Stew by My Life Cookbook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.