Another football season is about to end. It’s amazing how quickly the seasons pass, and how often the Lions don’t make the playoffs. Oh well, at least there are two great teams competing this year. Though I like both teams, I have really enjoyed watching the Panthers this season.
Whether you are hosting a party or just hanging out with family or even by yourself, I bet you are going to watch the big game, if only for the commercials and halftime. And you definitely need some fabulous food to make the festivities … well more festive.
Sure you need a savory entrée and maybe a drink, luckily my Sunday Supper friends have you covered there, but I’ve got dessert locked down.
Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix is one of those things that just screams football. It’s an addictive snack that is easy to crunch on while you watch and cheer. Plus, it makes a ton. In fact, I halved the recipe and still have plenty of Chex Mix to share … or not. Because you might not want to share this.
It’s crispy crunchy with Chex, pretzels, and pecans all coated in an addictive cinnamon sugar mix. I even used Glutino pretzel twists to keep this mix gluten free and friendly for all special diets. If you aren’t a fan of pecans, swap in walnuts, peanuts, or almonds.
Whether your team wins or loses, you will be cheering for this Chex Mix to go all the way!
4 ½ cups Rice Chex
2 cups pecans
1 cup pretzel twists (use Glutino to keep gluten free)
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon kosher salt
2 large egg whites
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
In a large bowl, stir together Chex, pecans, and pretzels.
In a medium bowl, stir together sugars, cinnamon, and salt.
In a small bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy. Whisk in the vanilla.
Add the egg whites to the cereal mixture and stir to coat. Add the cinnamon sugar and stir until all of the cereal mixture is fully coated.
Pour onto the prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for about 35 minutes until crispy and golden brown, stirring halfway through baking. Cool completely on tray.
Mix may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
Don’t forget to check out the other Sunday Supper dishes!
Appetizers and Sides
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Rolls by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Sausage Balls by Tramplingrose
- Cheese Board and Baguettes Make for the Start of a Great Game Day Feast by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Crabmeat Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Crock-Pot Bean Dip by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Deep Fried Pimento Cheese and Celery Bites by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Dill Pickle Dip by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Hot Pork Roll and Cheese Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Nacho Waffle Fries by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites by Family Foodie
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Rajas by Pook’s Pantry
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread and a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Texas Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Tex-Mex Egg Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Thai Beef Taco Bites by Brunch-n-Bites
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Buffalo Chicken Chili by Monica’s Table
- Cheeseburger Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks by Family Around The Table
- Emeril’s Chicken and Andouille Gumbo by The Texan New Yorker
- Game Day Chili by Our Good Life
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
Desserts and Drinks
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Game Day Mocktails by Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Football Potato Candy by Gluten Free Crumbley
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
- Plus Big Game Party Recipes plus Sausage and Peppers Over Cheesy Grits by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.