Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 3 mins
- 3 large or extra-large egg whites
- 1 large or extra-large egg
- In a small to medium microwave safe bowl – glass works best – place the egg whites or egg. Using a whisk or fork, mix until frothy.
- Place in microwave and cook on full power. Cook egg whites for 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds until there is no uncooked egg white in the bottom of the bowl. Cook egg for 30-45 seconds until there is no uncooked egg in the bottom of the bowl. The eggs will puff greatly. Immediately move to plate and enjoy.
- Eggs may be seasoned with kosher salt and black pepper or topped with cheese a little more than halfway through the cooking process.
Recipe by Pies and Plots at http://piesandplots.net/one-minute-omelet/