|Good Morning Sunshine Bars |
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 6 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup peanuts (I used Planters dry roasted unsalted)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used Skippy)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup white baking chips
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- Butter a 9 by 13 inch pan. Line it with parchment. Butter the parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine Chex and peanuts. Mix together with hands just to distribute.
- In a medium saucepan, cook brown sugar and corn syrups over medium heat until they come to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the peanut butter, salt, and vanilla. Stir until fully combined. Immediately pour onto cereal mixture. Stir until all of the cereal and peanuts are coated with the peanut butter mixture. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer. Allow to cool completely.
- When cool, place the white baking chips in a small bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between to promote melting, until fully melted. Drizzle over the bars. Repeat with the peanut butter chips. Allow to cool until the drizzles have hardened. Cut into bars.
- Bars may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing this recipe. When ready to serve, microwave individual bars for 15-30 seconds until warm and slightly melty for an even better eating experience.
Recipe adapted from Baked Elements
Recipe by Pies and Plots at http://piesandplots.net/good-morning-sunshine-bars/