This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #SnackHonestly #CollectiveBias
One of my favorite things to do on a free day is take a day trip road trip and be a tourist in my own city. You all probably know I live in the Detroit area, but there is so much more to explore than just the big city. There are almost countless cities and towns within an hour drive that have cute shops, coffee spots, restaurants, and scenery worth checking out.
I bet you can say the same about where you live, especially with a little research.
It’s so easy to hit the road for a day and doesn’t require a ton of preparation or planning. After all, you’ll be home before the day is done. There are a few things you’ll want to bring along to make sure your road trip is super successful.
- Your phone, fully charged. This is for so many reasons. If you get in some kind of trouble and need to contact someone it’s there, you can text or check out social media if you get bored (it happens), and of course you can take pictures. I love snapping tons and going through them later to save the best that will remind me of all the fun we had.
- Snacks! Even if you stop for lunch or dinner or both, there is something about being in the car that just makes people hungry, and we want to curb hunger before it becomes hanger when we’re all trapped in a car. I am loving Lorissa’s Kitchen products, especially the Korean Barbecue Beef.
What’s awesome about Lorissa’s Kitchen is that the beef is 100% grass fed. Plus it is gluten free, has no preservatives or added MSG, growth hormone, or nitrites. And it is a good source of protein, which is something I am always looking to add to my diet. The flavors are so awesome and my taste buds never get tired of this better for me option that fuels me instead of making me crash later.
- Something to drink. Even if you don’t get hungry on the road, you must get thirsty. It’s a rookie road trip mistake to not pack a few things to drink. Water is always a great option, but I love tea and drink it every single day. It’s not exactly practical to bring a kettle for hot water and tea bag in the car, so I turn to Honest Tea®.
I love the different flavor options but the Organic Honey Green Tea is my favorite. It’s easy to take with me and super refreshing, plus it pairs well with Lorissa’s Kitchen products. I shopped for both products on Walmart.com because they were not available in my store. You can choose the in store pick up option or have the items shipped right to you – so perfect for a no stress road trip. Definitely check out your local Walmart store too because they all carry different products!
Right now, if you buy Lorissa’s Kitchen™ Premium Protein Snacks – Any variety – 2.25 oz. bag and Honest Tea® – Any variety – Single bottle only on the same receipt, exclusively at Walmart you will earn $1.00 cash back with this Ibotta offer.
Oh, and it’s totally a bonus when your nail polish matches your drink 😉
- Layers. You never know when you are going to get cold or hot in the car or if they weather might take a sudden turn, which in Michigan is always an option. Grab a jacket, hat, scarf, and umbrella to protect you from wind, rain, a blazing sun, or just the chill of the air conditioner. You can always leave things in the car, but you can’t make them suddenly move from your closet to the car.
- A first aid kit. We’re not talking doomsday prepper style here, but it’s smart to be prepared with simple things like bandages, antibacterial wipes, hand sanitizer, and maybe a pain killer in case of a headache. Just the basics that you know you might need or have needed in the past at a moment’s notice.
I don’t know about you, but I am ready for my next adventure. This weekend, the weather looks fab and I am not going to miss a second of it. I hope you pick up Honest Tea and Lorissa’s Kitchen products at Walmart and hit the road.