So it’s just about April Fool’s Day. Are you into pulling pranks? Or has anyone ever pulled one on you?
Pranks aren’t for me. I really don’t like to be fooled, scared, or embarrassed like that, and I don’t enjoy doing it to other people. Of course, I don’t really want to take the time and effort to pull off a really great prank either.
I often think things like pranks are rather mean. Sure, they’re a great laugh for those in on the joke, but for the person or people on the other side … it’s not so funny. I can think of a few pranks other people have pulled on friends or family, and I still think they were so mean.
Mom and I have joked around with Dad a little. We bought this super expensive piece of jewelry today. Hahaha. He isn’t really phased by it because either he doesn’t really care or he doesn’t believe we’d actually do it, or both.
Maybe I just need a more exciting personality.
I am tricking you all a bit today, but rest assured, it’s a delicious trick. These Fudgy Granola Bars look like they are super chocolaty, but they are not. Instead they are made with carob powder.
You still get that rich, slightly bitter flavor without a drop of chocolate. Pretty cool trick, huh?
Plus, these no bake granola bars come together in no time, are gluten free, and are super healthy. Get ready for a breakfast or snack that feels indulgent but is secretly so good for you. So you’ll be fooling your taste buds too.
2 ½ cups quick cooking oats (gluten free, if necessary)
1 cup Rice Krispies (gluten free, if necessary)
½ cup walnuts
½ cup honey
¾ cup almond butter
¼ cup olive oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
½ cup carob powder
Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
In a large microwave safe bowl, combine honey, almond butter, and olive oil. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for 1 minute more.
Stir in the vanilla and carob powder. Add the oats, Rice Krispies, and walnuts. Stir until everything is fully combined.
Pour mixture into the prepared pan and press down firmly. Refrigerate for about 2 hours until firm. Cut into bars. Bars may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature about an hour or in the microwave about 30 seconds.
Additional cooling time is necessary
Don’t forget to check out the other Sunday Supper recipes!
- Pina Colada Smoothie by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Beer Jelly by Brunch with Joy
- Berry Smoothie Incognito by Lifestyle Food Aristry
- Mashed Potato Sundaes by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Roasted Broccoli Dip by Cooking Chat
- Honey Nut Baked Brie Bloomin’ Apple by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Sides & Snacks
- Shepherd’s Trifle by The Joyful Foodie
- Sneaky Veggie Spaghetti Sauce by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Meatloaf “Cupcakes” with Mashed Potato “Frosting” by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- April Fools’ Strawberry Pie by Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo & Peas by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken Pad Thai with Zoodles by Nosh My Way
- Middle Eastern Roast Chicken with Green Harissa by The Texan New Yorker
- Beef Avocado and Tomato Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Fake-out Sliders and Fries by The Redhead Baker
- Pot Luck Chili Cupcakes by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Fool by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon and “Egg” Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti and Meatballs Cupcakes by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Poutine by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chocolate Cauliflower Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Fudgy Granola Bars by Pies and Plots
- Fruit Pizza by Whole Food | Real Families
- Mud Pies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Gluten Free Joker Cakes by Gluten Free Crumbley
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.