This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HoneyForHolidays #DonVictorHoney #CollectiveBias
I shared this recipe last year, but I love it so much I want to make sure you didn’t miss it. This cake is so perfect for the holidays!
Bundt cakes don’t get enough credit. They might lack the heaps of frosting in a towering layer cake. They might not have the immediacy of cookies. And they don’t have the fudginess of a brownie.
But in reality they have oh so much more. They are easy to make, mixing up quickly and then baking in the oven without too much checking or turning. Endless flavor combinations are possible in a bundt cake. And they are really quite beautiful.
When I unmolded this beauty from the pan (always the scariest part of bundt cake making) and topped it with the nutty caramel, it almost took my breath away. This cake belongs as the centerpiece of a holiday table or can be given as a gift to some very happy recipients.
Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey Globe Jar is the star of this bundt cake. Honey is sometimes a flavor that can fall to the background of baked goods, but that is so not the case with this cake.
What is so unique about Don Victor® Honey is that it has honeycomb right in it that is fully edible. I didn’t know that before working with this honey, but now I am so excited to experiment with it in different ways like mixing it into salad dressing or serving is as part of a cheese plate. It can also be spread on toast or an English muffin with a bit of butter if you like. Like all honey, it should be stored at room temperature to prevent crystallization. Unlike a lot of honey, Don Victor® Honey is raw, filtered honey, not heated or processed in any other way.
I am also excited to give it as a gift this holiday season because I love introducing my friends and family to new products that I have fallen in love with. It is an easy to give, inexpensive gift that is perfect for coworkers, bosses, teachers, and more. Be sure to stock up at Walmart, like I did. Unlike other honey, Don Victor® Honey is available in the Hispanic aisle.
Back to the Honey Bundt Cake with Honey Pecan Caramel. The cake itself is unbelievably moist with the flavors of the honey, orange, and olive oil coming through. It also has a swirl of plump dried cherries and cranberry jam, because all bundt cakes need a swirl 😉
Then there is maybe my favorite part of the cake: the honey pecan caramel. I will make this sauce again and again for topping on ice cream or waffles or just eating with a spoon – it is that good.
Be sure to check out Don Victor® Honey and make this bundt cake for the holidays!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil and flour a large bundt pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cherries and orange juice. Allow to soak while you prepare the batter.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugars, honey including the comb, oil, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla until fully combined. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until just combined. Add the orange juice only from the cherries and mix to combine.
- Spread half of the batter into the bottom of the prepared bundt pan. Top with cherries and jam, trying to keep them away from the sides of the pan. Cover with the other half of the batter and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow cake to cool for about 15 minutes while you make the caramel. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, honey including the comb, and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Stir in toasted pecans and flaky sea salt.
- Loosen the cake from the pan by sticking a thin knife around the edges. Carefully invert the cake onto a serving plate. Drizzle the caramel slowly over the top. Allow cake to cool completely before cutting and serving. Cake may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or frozen in pieces wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the microwave about 1 minute.