The kitchen had been my office for ten years, but recently I moved into the den, much more appropriate for an office. It hasn’t been an easy transition. It gets dark in there when the sun isn’t out and I have forgotten to turn the TV off more than once (oops!), but in general I like it.
It’s my own little space, off the beaten trail, where I can listen to mostly depressing music (nothing like Coldplay and Adele to perk you up), The West Wing Weekly podcast (I’ve been obsessed with The West Wing since I was 12. If you don’t like it, we can’t be friends 😉 ), and work.
I have everything set up and it’s a productive environment. Plus, when it’s too dark or hot, or I need some human interaction, I just pick up my laptop and move back to the kitchen.
I think the den is going to be my favorite as we enter football season. I don’t mind having it on in the background while I work, but if I don’t want to watch it, I don’t have to. Which is nice because I’m just not feeling it this season.
But for those of you who are, you need some game worthy snacks. But snacks around my house are almost always healthy. It’s nice to have an afternoon pick me up that is full of nutritious ingredients, easy to make, and totally addictively delicious. Like these No Bake Almond Energy Bites.
They are gluten free and a breeze to make. Plus, I bet you can’t eat just one of the gooey bites with crunchy walnuts and carob or chocolate chips! And you don’t even have to feel bad about eating more than one with oat and almond flours and almond butter as the base.
While these aren’t too sweet, they have a nice natural sweetness about them that can make any loss (I’m looking at you Detroit Lions) just a bit sweeter.
2 cups oat flour (gluten free, if necessary)
1 cup almond meal
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2/3 cup creamy almond butter (Justin’s Maple is my favorite)
2/3 cup honey
½ cup walnuts, chopped
½ cup carob or dark chocolate chips
Place the almond butter and honey in large microwave safe bowl. Microwave 1 minute, stir and then microwave an additional minute so the mixture is bubbling.
Add the oat flour, almond meal, and cinnamon to the honey mixture and stir until fully combined. Stir in the walnuts and chips. The chips will melt some, that’s okay.
Grab golf ball sized amounts of the mixture and form into a ball. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Once the mixture is all used, refrigerate bites until firm, about 30 minutes.
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature about an hour or in the microwave for 30 – 60 seconds. Melting marshmallows on top is never a bad idea either.
Don’t forget to check out the other Sunday Supper dishes!
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.