Christmas is less than a week away. You have your presents purchased and wrapped, the menu planned, the house decorated, and everything firmly under control, right?
Me neither. I have bought all my presents, but nothing is wrapped. Maybe we should do a green Christmas and not wrap the presents 😉
I have no idea what we are eating. Some kind of red meat most likely. I’ll probably wait until Christmas Eve to decide. Maybe a dessert, but then again, I want to spend Christmas having fun … not trapped in the kitchen.
The house is decorated, though on a lesser scale than some years. As for things being under control … well that never happens, but that’s life, you know?
In case you need a last minute treat for a party, work, school, or even a gift … maybe you just need a reward for all the holiday craziness … check out my Peppermint Bark Pretzels.
There’s something about that peppermint bark flavor that I never ever get tired of. I love reinventing it in new ways, and these pretzels are something I will make again and again.
They are fun and easy to make, allowing for a bit of stress relief. Plus, they are easy to make gluten free. I used Glutino pretzels which are amazing! A quick dip in chocolate or carob, followed by one in white chocolate, and a sprinkling of peppermint, and these are done. Sure they have to set, but it only takes a couple minutes and these are ready to eat. Snacking as you make them is encouraged too
Take a minute to celebrate and enjoy the season with these Peppermint Bark Pretzels!
20 pretzel twists
10 ounces dark chocolate or carob chips
10 ounces white chocolate
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
½ candy cane crushed
Melt the dark chocolate or carob chips with 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted. Dip one side of the pretzels completely in the melted chocolate or carob. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and allow to set while you melt the white chocolate.
Melt the white chocolate with the remaining tablespoon of shortening in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted. Dip the other side of the pretzel completely in the white chocolate and place back on the parchment with the chocolate or carob side down.
While the white chocolate is still warm, sprinkle with the candy cane.
Pretzels may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Don’t forget to check out the other Sunday Supper dishes!
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread by Ruffles & Truffles
- Chocolate Cranberry Mini Muffins by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cauliflower-Apple Melts by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chimichurri Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Everything Cream Cheese Balls by Magnolia Days
- Mini Party Crab Cakes by Food Lust People Love
- Holiday Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Lobster Salad in Puff Pastry Cups by The Weekend Gourmet
- Potato Kimchi Bacon Bites by kimchi MOM
- Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Scallops with Cranberry Bacon Jam by Caroline’s Cooking
- Shrimp and Artichoke Crostini by Monica’s Table
- Spanakopita Bites by Casa de Crews
- Tortellini Caprese Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Tropical Cocktail Wings by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Bean, Escarole, & Sausage Soup by Get the Good Stuff
- Chicken Cacciatore Pronto by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice by Feeding Big
- Swedish Meatballs by Palatable Pastime
- Apple Pecan Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Bourbon Glazed Sweet Potatoes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Healthier Hoppin’ John by Cooking Chat
- Italian Sausage & Broccoli Rabe Stuffing by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- 4-Ingredient Double Chocolate Christmas Fudge by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by Wallflour Girl
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cups by PancakeWarriors
- Frangelico French Silk Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Holiday Pie Crust Cookies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Peppermint Bark Pretzels by Pies and Plots
- Red Velvet Eggnog Cheesecake Trifle by The Crumby Cupcake
- Santa Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Skillet Cookies by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- White Chocolate Covered Gingerbread OREOS by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Quick and Easy Holiday Recipe #SundaySupper by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.