We went to Disney World when I was five and again when I was seven.
I wish I could tell you about all these wonderful memories I have from those times, but they were many, many years ago, and to say they are anything more than a blur would be a lie.
I have a few memories here and there, many of which I think actually come from being told about the trips and looking at photos.
I know there were many character meetings and apparently a wonderful meal at Cinderella’s castle. I’m sure there was lots of sun and long walks around the park. We rode It’s a Small World, because that’s what do you when you go to Disney.
But my most vivid memory, unless it’s something I have made up in my head, is hitchhiking with Dad.
Hitchhiking in Disney is not like standing along a highway waving your arms and being picked up by some creepy guy driving a rusty car or a truckdriver. There are park workers everywhere, driving little trams that take people from place to place.
It was our second visit to Disney, and we were staying in a hotel on the park. Mom had a headache, so Dad and I took a walk. It was late and dark, and little seven year old me had grown tired. And when a kid gets tired there’s really no coming back from that.
Dad flagged down a golf cart like vehicle manned by a park worker. Of course to me with blurry, barely open eyes, it appeared as though part of the magic of the Magic Kingdom.
The guy was nice and took us back to our hotel and we told Mom about our adventure and it was fabulous and I wish I was back there right now.
Of course, there’s also a chance my memory is failing me and I have made all this up, but I like to think it all happened just like I remember it.
Salmon Tacos with Watermelon Pico de Gallo are very Florida appropriate. They are light, fresh, and packed with flavor and many of my favorite ingredients. I used leftover salmon that didn’t have a taco spice mix on it, but some spiced salmon would be great.
Other than that, this super healthy, gluten free, Whole30 meal is really all about that watermelon pico de gallo with some sweetness and some spice. Major yum!
- Place the watermelon, onion, peppers, tomatoes, and zucchini in a bowl and stir to combine. Sprinkle with pepper and salt and drizzle with vinegar. Stir and serve with the salmon on your vessel of choice.
Don’t forget to check out the other Sunday Supper recipes!
Easy Taco Recipes #SundaySupper
BREAKFAST, DESSERT, AND ALTERNATIVE TACOS
- Jalapeno Cornbread Taco Pie by Soulfully Made
- Loaded Taco Tots by Gourmet Everyday
- Naked Egg Breakfast Tacos by Palatable Pastime
- Spicy Beef Cheesy Corn Taco Muffins by Food Lust People Love
- Veggie Packed Mouth-Watering Cauliflower Breakfast Tostadas by Bites of Wellness
LUNCH AND DINNER TACOS
- 1970s Style Tacos by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Asian-Spiced Black Cod Tacos with Kimchi and Avocado-Sriracha Mayo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos by A Mind Full Mom
- Chorizo Tacos with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cinnamon Beef Tacos by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Fish Taco Recipe by Sunday Supper Movement
- Healthy Ground Turkey Tacos by Mid-Life Croissant
- Low Carb Beef Tacos by Our Good Life
- Salmon Tacos with Watermelon Pico de Gallo by Pies and Plots
- Sloppy Joe Tacos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Asian Pork Tacos with Cabbage Slaw by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Korean BBQ Tacos by Cricket’s Confections
- Steak Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Surf and Turf Tacos by The Weekend Gourmet
- Walking Chili Cheese Tacos by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.