Mom always says everything looks worse when you’re tired. While I have learned that Mom is pretty much always right, I had an epiphany about this the other night, when I was very, very tired. By the way, I don’t mean that in a snarky way … Mom really is almost always right. Seriously, it’s kind of freaky.
Back to the epiphany. I began thinking about her statement and I have my own spin on it. Maybe we just see the truth, a harsh reality when we’re tired. We see things with eyes that don’t have the energy to rose color our surroundings.
There’s nothing wrong with trying to put a positive spin on things, see the good in the bad, find the hope in the dark, but maybe sometimes we need a wakeup call, and that is what being tired, really, really tired brings.
It shows us our faults and those of our surroundings. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing. We can all use to take a harsh look in the mirror sometimes. That glimpse of reality, even if it is short lived, can stick with us, and teach us how to make things better.
We can’t change what is wrong if we never see it in the first place. Or worse, if we don’t see it until it is too late.
So the other day and night I was wiped out after the Bon Jovi concert (more on that next week – it was worth every lost moment of sleep), I learned a little more about me than I had known before and found some of the drive to fix things the next day.
And also to make this Tropical Fruit Salsa. Full of fresh, vibrant colors and flavors, don’t you just want to dive right in to this healthy, vegan, gluten free, Whole30 dip, snack, salad, side? I love mixing fruit and vegetables, sweet and spicy, and this salsa has some of my favorites.
Tomatoes. Pineapple. Onion. Cucumber. Jalapeno. Mango. Serve this with fish, beef, pork, chips, or just a fork. And then solve the problems of your world.
- In a large bowl, stir together pineapple, mango, tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, and cucumber. Add the lemon juice, pepper, and salt, if using. Stir to combine. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Don’t forget to check out the other Sunday Supper dishes! Thanks to Rini from Healing Tomato for hosting!
Sunday Supper Recipes Using Fresh Tomatoes
- Caprese Chicken with Bacon by Family Around The Table
- Cheesy Caprese Pesto Chicken and Quinoa Casserole by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Easy Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes by Life Tastes Good
- Grilled Chicken and Pasta with Grated Tomato Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bronzed Tomato Spinach Cheddar Panini by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Ground Beef Curry by Wholistic Woman
- Lamb and Fresh Tomato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- One Pan Pork Chop Dinner with Tomatoes by Simple and Savory
- Tuna and Tomato Bento by Ninja Baker
Pizza, Pies, and Pastas
- Angel Hair Pomodoro by Healing Tomato
- Heirloom Tomato Tart by Authentically Candace
- Pressure Canned Homegrown Tomato Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Savory Tomato Pie with Pre-Made Crust by The Foodie Affair
- Three Cheese Tomato Basil Pie by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tomato and Caramelized Onions Galette by Brunch-n-Bites
- Tuscan Pasta with White Beans and Tomatoes by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms by Crazed Mom
- Bloody Mary Mix by Our Good Life
- Bruschetta di Pomodoro by The Freshman Cook
- Caprese Garlic Bread with Arugula Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Slow Roasted Tomatoes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Tomato Cauliflower Rice by Family Foodie
- Tomato Tulips for a Veggie Platter by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Thumbprint Cookies with Green Tomato Strawberry Jalapeno Jam by Soulfully Made
- How to Make Homemade Salsa by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- IPA (India Pale Ale) Green Tomato Pickles by Gourmet Everyday
- Italian Nachos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Marinated Cherry Tomatoes with Cottage Cheese by Cricket’s Confections
- Tomatoes Stuffed with Apple-Walnut Salad Filling by Asian In America
- Tropical Fruit Salsa by Pies and Plots
Soups and Salads
- 10 Minute Greek Inspired Couscous Salad by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Burrata Caprese Salad with Balsamic Pearls by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Tomato and Preserved Lemon Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Cupboard Tomato Mozzarella Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Fresh Tomato and Couscous Salad by Basic N Delicious
- Fried Green Tomato BLT Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Rustic Dill Tomato Soup by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Summer Tomato and Bread Soup by Monica’s Table
- Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Pimento Grilled Cheese by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.