Jennifer from Luv What You Do was kind enough to give me for a Liebster Award. I love reading Jennifer’s blog for all her adventures in fitness and healthy eating. It is so great to read another blogger’s posts on exercise. I am always getting healthy ideas and lots of inspiration from Jennifer. I was absolutely shocked when I received this award, and to be honest I had to do some investigation into what it is. A Liebster is given to bloggers by other bloggers who like them. The awarded bloggers then have to share eleven facts about themselves, answer eleven questions from the blogger whom nominated them, share eleven new questions, and nominate eleven bloggers. I am so honored and excited, so let’s get right to it.
Eleven Facts About Me
- I don’t know how to drive a car and I have no interest in learning. I tried to drive once and felt the car was going to fast when it was idling. Luckily I have Mom and Dad to drive me places . . . I’ll worry about the future another day.
- I am obsessed with nail polish. I have bottle after bottle of it, more than I could ever use. It makes me feel happy and pretty when I’m down or just at home wearing a track suit.
- I exercise two hours a day five days a week. I run for an hour and play Wii Active Life Outdoor Challenge for an hour. It kicks my butt but makes me feel great and lets me eat all the yummy things I make.
- If I am at home and awake, my TV is on. I love watching TV and do so while blogging, baking, writing, eating, reading, sometimes I even leave it on when I sleep. And there’s even one in my bathroom.
- I watch almost everything after it has been recorded on my TiVo. I almost never watch commercials. I can watch so much more TV! Yay!
- I never wear perfume because I’m allergic; however I collect little decorative bottles and display them on a tray in my bedroom.
- I make a concerted effort to avoid buying things made in China. My kitchen, closet, house, and life in general are filled with things made in France, Germany, and my favorite, good old America.
- I never lay out in the sun. I have fair skin, don’t want to get burned and don’t want skin cancer. So if I’m spending more than twenty minutes outside I’m carrying an umbrella.
- I don’t shake hands or fist bump. I’m germaphobic and don’t want to do something so minor I’ll spend the rest of the day worrying about. I’ll elbow bump if absolutely necessary.
- I always wear a small gold and citrine ring that my Granny gave Mom when she was a little girl. I now also wear one she gave my aunt with an emerald as well. They remind me of them and make me feel like they are always with me, even if they aren’t.
- When I am in the house, I always wear Ugg Slippers. They are so soft and fluffy and keep my feet warm and clean. I love when I get a new pair as the fur surrounds my toes. I just wish they lasted longer. No shoes are ever allowed to be warn in the house.
Eleven Questions from Jennifer
- What is your astrological sign? Do you fit the description?
My astrological sign is Aquarius. I am original, artistic, and inventive, along with being impatient and opinionated. I am also pretty eccentric, so I would say I surprisingly do fit the description.
2. What is your favorite winter activity?
My favorite winter activity is staying home and watching TV. I really do not like winter weather and want desperately to move somewhere warm. So any activity that allows me to stay home and warm is the best. I’m a TV addict, so it’s always nice when the fall season starts.
3. Flats or Heels?
Heels all the way. If I am outside of the house, I have heels on. The higher, the better. The lowest heels I own are 3.5 inches, and the tallest are 6 with a platform. Shoes are one of my favorite things.
4. Who was your first kiss?
I still haven’t had my first kiss 🙁 But it will happen when the time is right.
5. If you could get rid of one form of social media, what would it be?
Facebook. I just don’t like Facebook. It is weird and complicated and not everyone who likes me gets to see my posts and their advertising is funky. Yeah, not a fan of Facebook.
6. Last race you participated in? What race are you doing next?
I have never participated in a race. While I know I could do one physically, I just don’t know if I have the mental toughness to do it.
7. What is your favorite gift to give others?
Food. I’m a foodie and I love sharing great food with others. If they are close, I love to share the things I make. But for those far away, I send food from my favorite places, Zingerman’s or Jeni’s Ice Cream, among others.
8. If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase?
A house in California and enough hours on a private plane to get there. I would be happy with that alone forever.
9. What is your favorite meal? Breakfast, lunch or Dinner and Why?
Dinner. It is the meal Mom and I always make together without having to rush around. It is always different and my favorite way to round out the day. I also love the foods I eat at dinner – fish, beef, vegetables, fruit, dessert. And it’s my biggest meal of the day, so as a foodie, it’s bound to be my favorite.
10. Do your friends, family and coworkers know that you are a blogger?
Anyone who comes into contact with me knows I am a blogger. If I can have your attention for one moment, I will mention my blog, hand you a business card, and beg you to visit, like me on Facebook, etc. I want my blog to grow sooooo badly.
11. What do you like most about blogging and what is the hardest part?
I love that blogging forces me to bake and pushes me out of my comfort zone to do so. If I’m out of posts, I’m forced to the kitchen to whip up something. I also don’t want my blog to be filled with boring recipes or the same things everyone else is making, so it’s a blast coming up with different and creative ideas. The hardest part is growing my blog. No matter what I do, it just won’t grow. Please visit and help it grow 🙂 Taking photos is a very close second. Sometimes I just want to throw the camera across the room.
Eleven New Questions
- If you could meet one celebrity who would it be and why?
- Where is the best place you have taken a vacation?
- What is your favorite thing to do on a day off?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What is your favorite season – spring, summer, fall, or winter, and why?
- What is your favorite thing you have posted on your blog?
- What made you start blogging?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If you could have a superhero power what would it be?
- Since I have never been on a first date, what would your ideal first date be like?
- Do you have a good luck charm?
Eleven Bloggers that Inspire Me
These are the blogs I read all the time and the bloggers I have come to feel are my friends. They make this crazy blogging adventure so much more enjoyable, as I look forward to seeing their latest creations day in and day out. Whenever I need a smile, I look to them and they always provide great content and sometimes a little needed encouragement.
On to the recipe. I wanted to make something quick, easy, and healthy. That’s right I said healthy. Aida Mollenkamp tweeted these Vanilla Walnut “Shortbread” Cookies and I knew instantly I had to give them a try. They are ready in well under an hour, including chilling time. The flavor and texture are incredible. Okay, if you gave me a blind taste test, I’m pretty sure I could tell the difference between these and traditional shortbread, but these are a completely addictive guilt free treat. The honey flavor stands out, which I welcomed, as there aren’t many desserts that really taste like honey. The texture is fine and sandy, kind of like shortbread. I also think these could have many variations. Swap the walnuts for pecans or almonds. I am also wondering if maple syrup could be used instead of honey to make them vegan in addition to being gluten free. They can also be raw if you use raw honey. I did not as it brings more possible health risks than processed honey. Regardless, whip up a batch of these cookies and eat a couple while visiting my favorite blogs to find some more kitchen inspiration. I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I did writing it.
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 30-60 seconds, until all the ingredients are combined and a dough is formed. You may need to scrape down the bowl and break up the ingredients if they form a ball.
- Take a spoonful of dough and roll it into a ball in your hands. Place it onto the lined baking sheet. Once all the dough has been formed into balls, press down on each ball to flatten it slightly. I did not flatten them too much, but flatten as much as you like. Place the sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes before enjoying. Cookies may be stored in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 months.