- 2 ½ cups quick cooking oats (gluten free if necessary)
- 1 ½ cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cups honey and nut mixture or ¼ cup honey and ½ cup chopped nuts
- ¼ cup plain honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper leaving overhang for easy removal later.
- Place peanut butter and honey and nut mixture, as well as additional honey in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for an additional minute until bubbling. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Add the oats and Cheerios and stir until a uniform mixture is formed. Pour into the prepared pan and press firmly into the pan. Cool completely (you can stick the pan in the refrigerator to expedite this process. Cut into bars and serve.
- Bars may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag, for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature about an hour.
Additional cooling time is necessary
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes