- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup peanuts (I used dry roasted unsalted)
- 3 cups salted thin pretzel sticks (I used Rold Gold)
- Line a 9 by 13 inch pan with parchment, leaving enough overhang to be able to pull the bars out later.
- In a large bowl, combine peanuts and pretzels with your fingers.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add the sugar and cream and bring to a low boil for 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the white chips and 1 tablespoon vanilla and stir until the chips are completely melted into the mixture. Add the additional 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla and peanut butter and stir until combined.
- Pour the white chip-peanut butter mixture over the pretzel-peanut mixture and stir until all the pretzels and peanuts are fully coated. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 90 minutes until the bars are firm. Cut into pieces and serve. May be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
Recipe adapted from Baked Elements
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins