- 2 large, ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum
- ½ cup vanilla ice cream
- Heat a large skillet, stainless steel or nonstick, over medium heat. Once hot, add the butter and sugar and cook until melted. Add the bananas and cook, stirring frequently 3-4 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully add the rum. I did not light it on fire to burn it off, because I was too scared and didn’t mind the additional flavor. Use your discretion with this step.
- Place the pan back over the heat and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce reduces slightly.
- Serve immediately with ice cream.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes