- 1 ¼ cups old fashioned oats (gluten free, if necessary)
- ¾ cup quick cooking oats (gluten free, if necessary)
- 1 cup oat flour (gluten free, if necessary)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- ¾ cup walnuts
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, stir together almond butter, maple syrup, oil, egg, and vanilla bean paste until well combined.
- Add both kinds of oats, oat flour, chia seeds, cinnamon, and baking soda and stir until incorporated. Add walnuts and blueberries and mix until distributed.
- Using a regular sized ice cream scoop, scoop batter onto prepared pans. Cookies will not spread much during baking, so they can be close together on the pan; just don’t let them touch.
- Bake cookies about 15 minutes, until golden brown and mostly set. Cookies may be stored in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to three months. Thaw at room temperature about an hour or in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes