- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried tart cherries
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes or chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, cream coconut oil with sugars until combined. I did this by hand, and it’s super easy – no need to pull out the mixer! Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and stir to combine. Add the carrots, oats, raisins, cherries, and coconut and stir until well distributed.
- Take about golf ball sized portions of dough and place them on the baking sheet, spreading them out as much as possible. Bake for about 19 minutes, until mostly set. Serve warm or cool completely on the tray. Cookies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag, for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature about an hour or in the microwave about 1 minute.
Recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes