Maybe this is just a food blogger thing, but I feel like every time I leave the house, it has something to do with food. Grocery stores, drug stores, Costco, Target, Walmart, farmers’ markets, fruit orchards, restaurants. The amount of place I go for food related reasons is pretty much ridiculous.
Even when I go shopping I end up stopping at the grocery store on the way home. When I’m completely and totally too busy to shop for food, I end up asking Mom or Dad to stop for one thing or another. It’s like I’m incapable of going more than a day or two without a food trip.
I can spend an entire day running from the farmers’ market to three different grocery stores. Mom always jokes that it seems like ten people live in our house instead of three!
She’s right – there’s food everywhere. Stuffed refrigerators and freezers, overflowing fruit bowls, a counter full of plates and tomatoes and peaches. It’s rather hilarious! Perhaps even more hilarious is that we do eat all the food.
Even if it means blending up leftover fruit in this Cherry Berry Smoothie. Smoothies are pretty much my favorite breakfast. And cherry smoothies? Well, it doesn’t get better than that. Oh, and this smoothie? It’s super healthy with no added sugar and definitely doesn’t need it with all the fruit. It’s also vegan and gluten free. Score!
I made this when fresh cherries were in season (they have now vanished from the stores – nooooooooooo!), but frozen cherries will totally work, you just might need a little more milk. Oh, wait . . . frozen cherries, I forgot those at the store. I guess I’ll just have to make another trip 🙂Print
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- 1 cup milk (whatever kind you like), more as needed
- Place the milk in the blender, followed by the cherries, blueberries, and bananas. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- You can also make this in the food processor, though it won’t be quite as smooth. To do so, process the bananas to break them up. Add the milk and blend to combine. Add the cherries and blueberries and process until smooth and creamy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes