- 3 cups cherries, stemmed, halved, and pitted
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (I bet the seeds of a vanilla bean would be great too)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Butter, for greasing the pan
- Preheat 375 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch pie pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until frothy and lightened in color. Add the milk, vanilla, and flour. Whisk to combine. There may be some lumps. Whisk out as many as possible, but if there are a few left it is okay.
- Place the cherries evenly in the bottom of the pie pan. Pour the batter over the cherries. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 25-30 minutes. It should be slightly golden on top, particularly around the edges, and a toothpick in the middle should come out mostly clean. Serve immediately warm out of the oven. I do not really recommend storing or freezing this recipe.
Recipe adapted from Alton Brown
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins