When I first began blogging almost six (!!) years ago, I reached out to other bloggers right away. I left comments, I made recipes, I sent emails, wanting to be a part of that group. Blogging is more about than what it seems, it is often about making connections with people despite the fact that hundreds of miles separate us and we may never meet in person.
One of the first people I connected with was Kayle from the Cooking Actress. I feel like we’ve known each other forever and I’ve been a part of her journey from New York to Ohio, through getting married, and now having a baby. That’s right, Kayle and her husband Michael are expecting a little boy.
I’m so happy for them and can’t wait to continue to be friends with Kayle and be a part of her journey. And since she just lives in Ohio maybe one day we’ll even get to meet.
If you have been following Kayle’s blog, and if you haven’t be sure to check it out, you know she makes tons of the gooiest, biggest, most decadent cookies that will make your mouth water. To celebrate Kayle, a few bloggers and I teamed up to throw a cookie themed shower for her.
Since Kayle’s cookie baking is probably going to be taking a hit once their little bundle of joy arrives, I made Chocolate Chip Rice Krispies Treat Cookies that she (or you) can make with a baby on her hip and one eye closed and we all know a lot of days will be like that for Kayle.
These cookies are incredibly easy to make, require no baking, and can be made gluten free so long as you check the cereal and chocolate chips you use. Plus, who doesn’t love a super comforting ooey gooey cereal treat? It’s even better when they are in cookie form!
Congratulations, Kayle! We can’t wait to meet your new addition!Print
- 5 cups Rice Krispies (or similar gluten free cereal)
- 4 cups marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate or carob chips
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the marshmallows and butter. Microwave on high in 30 second increments stirring in between until fully melted. Slowly add in the cereal and stir until well combined. Allow to cool 1-3 minutes.
- While the mixture cools slightly, line a baking sheet with parchment, and oil the parchment and two spoons.
- Stir in the chips and use the two spoons to place mounds of the mixture on the prepared tray. Once all the mixture has been formed, press down gently on the cookies and allow to set and cool completely, about 2 hours. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Also, check out the rest of the baby shower recipes made by my fellow hosts!
Turtle Thumbprint Cookies – by Confessions of a Confectionista
Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars – by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Derby Pie – by The Spiffy Cookie
Chocolate Chip Rice Krispies Treat Cookies – by Pies and Plots
Eggnog Crinkle Cookies – by The Domestic Rebel
Cookie Dough Cups – by The Pajama Chef
Homemade Salted Caramel Oreos – by Eats with With Others
Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies – by Blahnik Baker