Choices are good. It’s nice to be able to choose which movie to watch, what to wear, or what to have for dinner. Our lives are based on the choices we make, both big and small. Good and bad.
Think of all the choices we make in a day. Some come naturally but others cause debate whether within ourselves or among those around us, even if they seem like simple decisions. And all those choices and decisions build and build to make our lives, sometimes for better sometimes for worse.
It’s easy to look back on the past and see where we might have chosen a different path. But that’s not fair to ourselves because a different decision may have led to exactly the same place, no matter how hard we wish this wasn’t the case.
That is a difficult fate to face for me. All those options and the ones I chose. The ones that led me here. What could have been, might have been, should have been. It’s a lot to consider. But now there is nothing I can do about it, so I have to embrace those choices and try to make better ones in the future, knowing years from now, I’ll have some of the same regrets.
The best thing about choices is that there is always another one to make, another chance to do better.
When it comes to these Chocolate Covered Pretzel Sandwiches, I don’t want to make choices, but I have to because I made them several ways, although I do recommend trying each variety.
These are a breeze and a blast to make, almost therapeutic. The base is a salty, crunchy pretzel, which I topped with either salted caramel peanut butter (I know!) or pumpkin pie cookie butter (oh yeah!), followed by another pretzel. I also hid a mini marshmallow in the center of some for a nice surprise.
Then half of this sweet and salty dessert sandwich is dipped in chocolate (or carob in my case) and drizzled in white chocolate.
These are great to serve at a Halloween party. Making these is an easy choice!Print
- ½ bag mini pretzel twists
- 1 cup pumpkin spice cookie butter
- 1 cup salted caramel peanut butter
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 3 cups dark chocolate or carob chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- Spread the pretzel twists on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spread 1 tablespoon of either the pumpkin spice cookie butter or salted caramel peanut butter onto a pretzel. Top with a couple mini marshmallows if desired, followed by another pretzel. Press together gently so the butter forms a seal. Repeat with remaining pretzels and butters.
- Once all the pretzels are filled, melt the chocolate or carob chips with 2 tablespoons of vegetable in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted. Dip half of each pretzel sandwich into the mixture and place back on the parchment to set.
- Melt the white chocolate chips with the remaining ½ tablespoon vegetable oil in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring in between. Using a fork or spoon, drizzle the white chocolate over the pretzel sandwiches.
- Allow to set completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes