It’s official. I am now 25. Yesterday was my birthday. Another year has come and gone so quickly. I often cannot believe I am 25; in fact sometimes I forget. On some occasions I feel older, others younger. Age doesn’t really mean much these days. It’s all about how you feel.
I celebrated more than I usually do. Typically I keep birthdays low key, but I’ve realized time is fleeting and life is short, so I should have fun while I can. So I went to see Kathy Griffin with my friends Katie and Kaitlyn at the Soundboard at Motor City Casino.
I’m a huge Kathy Griffin fan and have been for years. I never missed an episode of My Life on the D-List and saw her perform a few years back with Dad. He must be more of a fan than I realized as he offered to go with me again 😉 When she was coming to town the night before my birthday, I felt like it was fate, and I had to go.
It was great to get all dressed up and go out and party with my friends in our front row seats. Kathy was hilarious! I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time, and it was great to let go of all my stress and just have a good time. I can always count on Kathy for that. By the way have you seen her on Fashion Police yet? So funny, though no one can ever really replace Joan Rivers.
There was definitely an abundance of over served people at the show, if you know what I mean. This included one lady who fell onto the floor and had to be escorted out of the theatre by about five security people.
Clearly it was my most exciting birthday for many reasons. Then on my actual birthday, I chilled and watched movies, took a day off baking and blogging and writing, and got the best birthday present ever: an Alexander McQueen clutch. It’s insanely gorgeous – I’ve always wanted one.
So it was my best birthday ever . . . maybe that means it will be my best year ever. Fingers crossed!
You’ll want to celebrate all occasions with this Cinnamon Roll Popcorn. It is super easy to make since the caramel is made in the microwave. The house smells amazing while it’s cooking – just like cinnamon rolls are baking. And then there’s the taste. It is super crunchy with tons of cinnamon flavor. I love the addition of pecans too since they get so toasty in the oven. This gluten free snack is definitely a birthday worthy treat!Print
- 8–10 cups popcorn (from about ½ cup of kernels)
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick butter
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Spread the popcorn onto the baking sheet in a relatively even, single layer. Sprinkle with pecans.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, stir together brown sugar and cinnamon. Add butter and corn syrup and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to combine. Microwave an additional 2 minutes. Stir the mixture well, then microwave for an additional 1 minute 30 seconds. Be careful as the mixture will be very hot and bubbly.
- Stir in the vanilla and baking soda. Pour as evenly as possible over the popcorn on the tray. Stir well to coat the popcorn.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every ten. Allow to cool completely on tray and break into pieces. May be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Recipe adapted from Remodelaholic
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes