- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup carob or cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave in 30 second increments. Once fully melted, stir in the sugar, espresso powder, eggs, and vanilla until well combined. Stir in the carob or cocoa, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, smooth into an even layer, and bake 35-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Serve warm or cool completely in the pan. Brownies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature about an hour or in the microwave 30-60 seconds.
Recipe adapted from Fine Cooking via Alexandra’s Kitchen
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes