- 1 ¼ cup quick oats
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil (be sure to measure it once it is melted – it’s about 1 cup solid)
- ¾ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup carob or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, stir together oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla until well combined. Add oats, flour, baking soda, and salt, mixing until just combined.
- Mix in the coconut and chips until well distributed. You may need to us your hands as the dough is very thick.
- Divide the dough into golf ball sized portions. Roll into balls and place on the baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden brown and beginning to set. Serve warm or cool completely on the tray. Cookies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag. Thaw at room temperature about 1 hour or in the microwave about 1 minute.
Recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes