This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FoundMyDelight #CollectiveBias
I love both traditional desserts and trendy ones. Give me a slice of vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and I’m a happy camper. The same goes for a blondie loaded with cookie butter. They each have unique things that make them special.
What I love perhaps more than either is a dessert that combines tradition and trend. Like this Coffee Sugar Cream Pie. Hoosier Cream Pie is a very traditional Midwest dessert that puts a creamy vanilla custard in a traditional pie crust. I changed things up by using a graham cracker crust and International Delight Iced Coffee.
Let’s start with the International Delight Iced Coffee. I’ve had a thing for Iced Coffee since I was about ten. No matter the time of year, I’d head to my favorite coffee shop and pick up and iced this or that to enjoy. It’s a habit I’ve gotten away from recently because I rarely go to coffee shops. My addiction had been reignited with one taste of this store bought treat.
It is ready and waiting in the refrigerator whenever my craving strikes, and it is better than those coffee shop drinks. That’s right. I said it. BETTER. Smooth and creamy, the flavor is intoxicating and not too coffee-y, if you know what I mean.
Plus, it is now available in its new location in the refrigerated tea/juice section at Walmart, so it’s easy to pick up on my weekly trip there. You should put it on your list too.
But like the rest of my favorite products, I wanted to bake with it. I am so glad I did. The creaminess of the International Delight is accentuated by more cream and some vanilla bean paste. Some sugar makes it a dessert and flour helps to set the pie. The graham cracker crust works so well too because it’s like dunking a graham cracker into coffee. Don’t pretend like you’ve never done that before.
Though a whole pie would definitely work, I made mini pies because I love single serving treats and they would be so cute to have at a party.
Be sure to pick up International Delight Iced Coffee on your next trip to Walmart so that you can make these pies and other fun recipes too!Print
- 8 mini graham cracker crusts
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup International Delight Iced Coffee Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place graham cracker crusts on a foil lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, and brown sugar together. Whisk in cream, Iced Coffee, and vanilla bean paste. Pour into graham cracker crusts.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the pies are puffed, golden brown, and just a little jiggly in the middle. Cool for 30 minutes at room temperature before refrigerating until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Pies may be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes