- 1 cup corn flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- ½ cup oat flour (or rice flour, all-purpose would probably work too)
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- In a medium bowl, stir together corn flour, oat flour, cornstarch, and baking powder. In another medium bowl, cream sugar, egg, and butter until light and fluffy. I did this by hand, but a hand or stand mixer would work too. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Refrigerate the dough for 1-2 hours.
- Place about golf ball sized portions of dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet and press down gently. They will only spread a little. Bake 12-15 minutes until light golden brown and the cookies are set. Cool completely on trays or they will fall apart. Cookies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 4 months. Thaw at room temperature for about an hour.
Recipe adapted from The Hill Country Cook
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes