I’ve recently been on a very big frozen dessert kick. That’s right, as the temperatures have dropped, I’m craving more ice cream and smoothies.
Before a month or so ago, I couldn’t really tell you the last time I bought ice cream. I picked up a pint for the Bananas Foster I made and fell in love all over again. I needed more ice cream in my life.
But sometimes I crave something lighter and healthier. Something that’s good for me. Since I recently worked with Almond Dream and Coconut Dream, I had a stockpile of it in my refrigerator and was inspired to make some frozen yogurt.
It’s not quite the same as the froyo you might get out, but it’s as good, if not better. Plus, this is super easy to make with no added sugar, and it’s gluten free, dairy free, and even vegan.
All you need is yogurt and some leftover cranberry sauce. If you don’t have that on hand, add some of your favorite jam. The flavors are endless.
So let’s turn up the heat and break out some of this Cranberry Swirl Frozen Yogurt!!Print
- 2 containers Almond Dream Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 container Coconut Dream Plain Yogurt
- ½ cup leftover cranberry sauce or jam
- Place yogurt in a freezer safe container. Stir to combine the flavors. Dollop the cranberry sauce into the yogurt and swirl it in with a spoon, making sure to not mix it in fully.
- Freeze the yogurt for about 2 hours for soft serve consistency. If you freeze it for longer, it will freezer very hard and will need about 15 minutes to thaw at room temperature before scooping.
Additional freezing time is necessary
- Prep Time: 10 minutes