- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup coarsely chopped candied ginger (Trader Joe’s has awesome candied ginger)
- ¼ cup raisins (I like Trader Joe’s Jumbo Raisin Medley)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- In a large bowl, stir together butter, molasses, and egg until fully combined. Stir in the flour mixture. Stir in the ginger and raisins until well incorporated.
- Place heaping tablespoons of dough on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes until starting to set. Cool completely on pan. Cookies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature about an hour or in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Recipe adapted from Giada De Laurentiis
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes