- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 8 ounces pasta (I used whole grain spaghetti)
- 8 baby portabella mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups kale, shredded
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons apple sider vinegar
- Bring water to a boil in a medium stock pot. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook according to package instructions. When the pasta is done, drain it and set aside.
- Set the pot over medium high heat and allow any excess water to cook off. Add the olive and sesame oils, followed by the mushrooms, carrots, and garlic. Sauté about 5 minutes until beginning to brown. Add the kale and sauté 2 minutes more. Add the pasta back to the pot.
- Make the sauce. In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, sugar, oil, ginger, pepper, hot sauce, and vinegar. Pour into the pot and stir to combine. Cook about 2 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Serve immediately. Leftovers may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave about 1 minute.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes