- 2 cups old fashioned oats (gluten free if necessary)
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups milk (I used So Delicious Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk, use what you love)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups cherries, fresh and pitted or frozen and thawed
- 4 fresh Mission figs, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cherries in the bottom of an 8 inch square baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats, walnuts, baking powder, and cinnamon. This may also be combined in a zipper bag the night before.
- Add the milk and vanilla bean paste to the oat mixture and stir to combine. Pour over the cherries. Arrange the figs decoratively on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until lightly brown and bubbling. Serve warm. Oatmeal may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. May be served cold or reheated in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes