We all get stressed sometimes. I have always had a tendency to be more stressed then most, since I was a little girl. Sure, stress is a normal part of life. If we’re not stressed over things like work, cleaning the house, getting taxes done, throwing a dinner party, or buying new furniture, then we’re probably not alive.
Sometimes big things like that get me stressed, but sometimes little things get me stressed too. Remember when I was telling you about my broken DVR? That had me going insane. And as crazy as it sounds, sometimes even fun things get me stressed. Can you believe I sometimes get really nervous and stressed before going to a concert or event?
I don’t want to be the no-fun person who’s always stressed and gives in to said stress. None of us are ever going to get rid of stress completely, and that’s okay. We have to find ways to cope with it and push it aside when it’s telling us we can’t deal with something.
I have learned a lot of ways to deal with stress over the years, and I’m excited to share some those with you today.
1. Take a step back. When one particular thing is overwhelming you, a work project, for example, walk away from it or put it aside for awhile. Even if this time period is only five minutes, it will help give you clarity on the situation and deal with it in a calmer manner.
2. Ask for help. This sounds obvious, but we have all been guilty of thinking we can handle everything ourselves when we cannot. Don’t be afraid to ask your husband to help you clean the house or ask a friend to come over early to help you set up for a party. It will take some of the pressure off of you and give you company while doing tasks, making them more fun.
3. Exercise. Exercise is not only good for your health and your heart, but the endorphins it creates are amazing for clearing your head and helping you deal with stress. Choose your favorite activity and do it for at least a half an hour five days a week and you will notice that your ability to handle stress will get much better.
4. Make time for yourself. We get so caught up in our responsibilities and caring for those around us that a lot of the time we forget about taking care of ourselves. Every day make a little time just for you. Whether it’s five minutes to listen to your favorite song, ten minutes to deep breath and meditate, or an hour to watch your favorite TV show, carve some time out each day just for you. You’ll notice quickly that you are much better at fulfilling all those responsibilities when you feel fulfilled as well.
5. Check out RESCUE Products. RESCUE Products are natural, non-habit forming, and have been developed by a doctor. They are gentle with no side effects and have been used for generations by millions worldwide. They help you stress less and stay calm and in control. I really like the Pastilles, but they also make Liquid Sleep Melts, Pearls, and more. Their products are available CVS, Walgreens, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and wherever you buy natural products! If you want to check them out, and you totally should, they have a coupon available on their website!
I hope my tips will help you enjoy life and stress less. After all, life is precious and we should get the most out of it.
Do you have any tips on how to deal with stress? Share them with me in the comments! I’m always looking for a new tip.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Exercise is KEY for me…and now I must also check out these RESCUE products!
Yes, without exercise I would be a crazy lady.