- 1 cup dark chocolate or carob chips
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup carob or cocoa powder
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 inch square pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium, microwave safe bowl, place the chip and coconut oil. Microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted. Stir in the sugar and allow to cool for a couple minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure to fully incorporate each. Stir in the carob or cocoa powder, almond meal, and vanilla until a uniform batter comes together. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until the top is crackly and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool completely in the pan before cutting and serving. Brownies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or individually frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the microwave 30 second – 1 minute.
Recipe adapted from Well Floured