Sometimes a dessert craving strikes and it can’t be stopped unless a sweet treat is consumed immediately. I mean, it happens to all of us, right? I’m not alone in this sweet tooth induced rage, am I?
I didn’t think so.
When that craving strikes, you could rely on store bought goodies. But, come on, they aren’t that great and might not even satisfy that dessert desire.
You could always whip up a layer cake or pie or cookies, but who has time for that when you want dessert NOW?
There are also treat stashed in the freezer, if you are anything like me. My freezer is always working full time. However, every once in awhile the things in there don’t sound good.
So we need a quick and easy dessert that can be made from the ingredients in the pantry. Might be nice if it was gluten free too. That’s a pretty tough checklist, but this dessert totally meets all the criteria.
This Flourless Microwave Peanut Butter Cake takes just a couple minutes to make, less than one minute to cook, is gluten free, and totally made from pantry staples. You have to eat it hot out of the microwave (you’ll make the sacrifice, though it will be tough), so that you get a soft, moist, tender, slightly gooey cake that satisfies all your dessert cravings and more.
It is the perfect thing to make tonight while you’re watching the Super Bowl. You won’t miss a moment of the game, no matter who you’re cheering for. As for me, I say go Katy Perry!!!Print
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Lightly oil two large coffee mugs.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, baking powder, eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla until well combined. Divide equally among the mugs.
- Microwave 1 mug at a time. Check the cakes after 30 seconds. Ideally the cake should still be a little gooey. If it is not done microwave it an additional 30 seconds. Do not exceed 1 minute total. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Peanut Butter and Company
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute