Don’t drink your calories. That’s kind of one of my mottos. My aunt said she thought about it the other day when tempted to order a fancy drink at a coffee shop.
I used to drink my calories like a champion. Gatorade, orange juice, milkshakes, Frappuccinos, soda. And my body paid for it. I stopped pretty much cold turkey and reaped the rewards. Plus I didn’t really miss any of those things.
But every once in awhile rules are meant to be broken. Especially around the holidays (and when you need a super easy blog post 🙂 ). I made Fluffernutter White Hot Chocolate and it is kind of the best thing since sliced bread or at least regular hot chocolate. Because what’s better than peanut butter and marshmallow melted into drinkable heaven?
It is rich and rather sweet, so I swapped it for dessert instead of dessert and caloric drink like old me would have and really you definitely do not need dessert after this, nor do you need a large portion.
It’s easy to make, gluten free, and perfect for these super chilly winter days. I’m thinking this is a must for Christmas morning present opening.
Super warm and comforting, it is extra creamy from the marshmallow fluff melted right into the beverage. the peanut butter flavor is prominent with a hint of vanilla. My favorite might just be the topping of more fluff and peanut butter. I loved to get the topping and the beverage all in one drink.
You will absolutely love the peanut butter and marshmallow drink!Print
- 4 cups milk (I used almond, use what you love!)
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup marshmallow fluff, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter, melted, plus more for serving
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- In a small sauce pan, stir together milk, white chocolate chips, marshmallow fluff, and peanut butter that has been melted in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Place over medium heat, and cook, stirring frequently, until everything has melted together and the mixture is steaming hot. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla bean paste.
- Divide evenly among mugs. Tip: if your mugs are microwave safe, warm them for about 1 minute before filling with hot chocolate.
- Top each mug with a dollop of fluff and a drizzle of melted peanut butter. Serve immediately.