I’m always hot. No, not that kind of hot. I’m talking temperature hot. I have no idea why, but I’ve always become overheated very easily. Even in this icy cold winter, I’m warm. Put me outside and I turn into a human icicle instantly, but inside with the oven on and the heat running, sometimes my face is flush and my body craving a cool breeze.
Some of the heat waves are triggered by stress, others an intense workout, and some have no cause that I can pinpoint, though I do find the heat to be very irritating. When it comes on I feel like I’m being strangled and find myself willing it to go off.
In fact, the heat never gets turned up higher than 68 during the day, and at night things dip down to a chilly 59. It is worth noting I can’t give up blankets when I’m sitting and chilling or sleeping, so that probably has something to do with my being warm. My parents are always cold. But they can bundle up. What am I supposed to do? Walk around naked? I’m not Lena Dunham!
This phenomenon must run in my family, as my aunt keeps her heat on 62 all day. That’s too cold even for me!
You might wonder why I love summer and want to move to a warmer climate. Summer brings a different kind of heat that rarely bothers me. In fact, I crave it on a daily basis. Plus, I love when the air conditioning comes on, the ceiling fan is always on high, and I have a little tabletop fan that blows cooling air right at me, Beyoncé style.
These Fruity Pebbles Granola Bars were a hot commodity in my house. Mom, Dad, and I all loved them. I know I just posted Breakfast Bars, but these no bake, gluten free beauties could not wait! The hearty, chewy oats, the crunchy almonds, the sweet raisins, and that classic Fruity Pebbles flavor make these totally irresistible. Plus, those bright Pebbles make me smile! I know these bars will make you smile too 🙂
- 2 ½ cups quick cooking oats
- 1 ½ cups Fruity Pebbles
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment, leaving overhang for easy removal later.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats and Pebbles. In a medium microwave safe bowl, stir together peanut butter and honey. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and microwave on high for an additional minute. The mixture should then be bubbling. If it is not, microwave it an additional 30 seconds. Stir in vanilla extract
- Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and stir until fully combined. Add almonds and raisins and stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed and a cohesive mixture is formed.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth into an even layer, then press mixture down firmly with your hands. Refrigerate for about 2 hours to allow bars to firm before cutting. Bars may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature about 1 hour.