I’m a computer serial killer. I should be paid for my skills, but unfortunately, they end up costing me . . . big time. A couple years ago my laptop died, and a couple had died before it. The clock battery wore out, and even the people at Geek Squad were like “yeah, I wouldn’t bother fixing it.” So Dad picked up a new one for me. Same brand, nicer model. And pretty much exactly two years later, guess what. It died.
Well, okay, it’s on life support. And I need it to hang in there until I can find the time to set up my new one. And with several promising writing projects and lots of blog posts in the pipeline, it might be a little while. I’ll also be setting up Mom’s new computer, as hers ran the no longer supported Windows XP. Apparently she has a computer green thumb.
I have a sneaking suspicion the clock battery is the culprit this time too. But did I get a different brand this time? Nope. The reason? Apparently in the two years since I made my last computer purchase, most manufacturers have eliminated the CD/DVD drive. WHAT????
I cannot be without a CD/DVD drive. I can’t do it. I run vital computer programs via disc – hello Final Draft and Microsoft Office. And I sometimes still burn CDs. There I said it. I’m the loser without an iPod (not that I want one – I know I wouldn’t use it); I jam to awesome mix CDs. Here’s to hoping I can keep this computer alive and kicking for more than two years . . . but I’m not gonna hold my breath.
After a long, busy week, this Sunday Supper theme of Five Ingredient or Less Recipes was more than welcome. I also made this a no-bake treat. These Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Treats are easy to make and crazy good. Whenever I make Rice Krispies Treats, I like them, but they don’t live up to my lofty expectations. These? Oh, those expectations are in their Golden Oreo cookie crust dust. These are what Rice Krispies are meant to taste like.
A no-bake Golden Oreo crust that will melt in your mouth sits under the gooiest, chewiest, softest Rice Krispies Treats you’ve ever tasted. That’s because I used a little extra butter and a much higher marshmallow to Rice Krispies ratio. I used Marshmallow Crispy Oreos to intensify that cereal treat flavor, but traditional or Mega Stuf Golden Oreos will work just as well. I think I’ll need another batch of these to keep me company while I set up my new computer.Print
- 25 Marshmallow Crispy or Golden Oreos
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 10 Marshmallow Crispy or Golden Oreos, coarsely chopped
- 1 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 ¼ cups Rice Krispies
- Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment. Make the crust. Place the Oreos in the bowl of a food processor and process until ground into crumbs. Pour into a bowl and stir together with butter until fully coated. Pour into the prepared pan and press down firmly to form a crust in the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, until firm.
- After the crust has chilled, make the treats. In a large microwave safe bowl, place marshmallows and butter. Microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between to promote melting and prevent burning, until fully melted. Add Oreos and Rice Krispies and stir until fully incorporated. Pour the treat mixture on top of the crust. Spread into an even layer and press down firmly with hands. Refrigerate at least 30 more minutes to set before cutting into bars and serving. Treats may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about an hour.
Additional chilling time is necessary
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
Please check out the other Sunday Supper recipes!
Appetizers, Salads and Starters
- Chicken and Spring Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tuna, Burrata and Black Olive Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Salmon and Cucumber “Noodle” Salad from girlichef
- Yogurt Dill Vegetable Dip from Melanie Makes
- Tomato, Avocado, and Cucumber Summer Salad from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Fennel Citrus Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Kale-Had-a-Hard-Day Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Ruffles and Truffles
- Tomato Soup from Run DMT
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Ham Salad from Neighborfood
- Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Caviar from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Side and Accompaniments
- Candied Apple Jelly from What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Ricotta from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Indian-style Roasted Cauliflower from kimchi MOM
- 3-Ingredient Beer Bread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub from Cooking Chat
- Smoked Turkey Panini with Roasted Red Peppers and Basil Pesto from La Bella Vita
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast from Nosh My Way
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken from Flour On My Face
- Lemon Basil Carbonara from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Butter Shrimp from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Stroganoff from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Smothered Pork Chop Cups from Having Fun Saving
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Supper for a Steal
- Chicken with Olives from Noshing With The Nolands
- Salmon with Tiger Dill Sauce from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Chicken Burgers from Country Girl In The Village
- Potato Pancakes (Reibekuchen) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken from Our Table for Seven
- Chorizo and Potato Frittata from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken and Potato Bake with Meyer Lemons from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups from The Dinner-Mom
- Spaghetti Squash with Simple Red Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Tropical Salsa Chicken from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Asparagus and Eggs from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Caprese Salad Sandwich from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Short Rib Bourguignon from Food Lust People Love
- Beans and Egg Sandwich from Basic N Delicious
- Honey Almond Salmon from Family Foodie
- BBQ Foiled Chicken from Meal Diva
Dessert and Beverages
- Flourless Chocolate Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets from Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream from The Foodie Army Wife
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from URBAN BAKES
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Squares from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Nutella Ferrero Cupcakes from Brunch with Joy
- 5-Minute Strawberry Sherbet from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Best Ever Coconut Macaroons from Hip Foodie Mom
- Chocolate Orange Ice Cream from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Orchid Panna Cotta from Manu’s Menu
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge from Alida’s Kitchen
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Vanilla Pudding from Magnolia Days
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bites from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut Cream Mango Mousse from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Raspberry Pina Colada Ice Cream from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Avocado Milkshakes from The Texan New Yorker
- The Ginger Sass Cocktail from Nik Snacks
- Baked Custard Cups from Soni’s Food
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.