- 25 Marshmallow Crispy or Golden Oreos
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 10 Marshmallow Crispy or Golden Oreos, coarsely chopped
- 1 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 ¼ cups Rice Krispies
- Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment. Make the crust. Place the Oreos in the bowl of a food processor and process until ground into crumbs. Pour into a bowl and stir together with butter until fully coated. Pour into the prepared pan and press down firmly to form a crust in the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, until firm.
- After the crust has chilled, make the treats. In a large microwave safe bowl, place marshmallows and butter. Microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between to promote melting and prevent burning, until fully melted. Add Oreos and Rice Krispies and stir until fully incorporated. Pour the treat mixture on top of the crust. Spread into an even layer and press down firmly with hands. Refrigerate at least 30 more minutes to set before cutting into bars and serving. Treats may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about an hour.
Additional chilling time is necessary
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes