- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted butter
- 1 cup Paleo flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups fresh rhubarb, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup paleo flour
- 3/4 teaspoon paleo approved baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, make the crust. Stir together the butter, flour, and sugar. Press into the prepared pan, going up the sides a bit with some of the crust mixture.
- Wipe out the bowl, and make the filling. Stir together the syrup, flour, baking powder, ginger, and eggs. Stir in the rhubarb and pour into the prepared crust. Sprinkle with the coconut sugar, and bake about 50 minutes until golden brown and mostly set in the center. The rhubarb should also be tender.
- Bars may be served warm. Bars may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature about 1 hour.
Recipe adapted from Land O’Lakes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes