This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #MakeHeartburnHistory #CollectiveBias
The holidays are rapidly approaching. Halloween might have just passed, but Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to be upon us in a lash. It’s all a lot to deal with: cooking, baking, shopping, visitors, traveling, gifts, cleaning. Like I said, it’s a lot.
So it’s important to be prepared. While holidays for me are typically not quite as hectic, I get stressed and overwhelmed easily, so it’s important to me to make to do lists, stay organized, and get things done as early as possible.
Another preparation I take is having Nexium® 24HR 42ct Tablets on hand. One of the main features of holidays is food, and let’s face it, most of that food is super rich and heavy. I am not about to let heartburn ruin my holidays, so I turn to Nexium® 24HR for the treatment of frequent heartburn. And I always pick it up at Walgreen’s while I peruse the candy. Walgreen’s has the BEST candy selection.
And because you never know when heartburn is going to strike or what foods are going to cause it, Nexium® 24HR provides all-day, all-night relief. Plus, right now, you can save money on Nexium® 24HR. On November 13th, there is a special $5.00 coupon savings, and now through November 30th, you can save $2.00 in store at Walgreen’s (Like I did!) or purchase two Nexium 24HR (28 ct.) for $40.00. Saving money around the holidays is always a win.
Nexium® 24HR is definitely going to be needed around Thanksgiving when you whip up dishes like my Green Bean Casserole Mashed Potatoes. I have to admit, traditional green bean casserole is not my favorite. Everything comes from a can and it lacks flavor, kind of like most mashed potatoes, but by combining the two, there is no lack of flavor or texture here.
This dish starts with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Yukon Golds and a lot of warm butter and milk are the secret here. Then I added in tons of roasted green beans, onions, mushrooms with pepper, olive oil, and red pepper flakes for some spice. Those all come together and are topped with those crispy onions because everyone loves crispy onions. And if you add some cheese, I won’t tell 😉
It is going to be a great holiday season with Nexium® 24HR and Green Bean Casserole Mashed Potatoes.Print
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, washed, peeled, and cubed
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pound green beans stemmed and washed
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, stemmed and washed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup crispy onions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to medium, cover and cook for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place the onions, green beans, and mushrooms on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season with pepper and red pepper flakes. Roast for about 30 minutes until tender and caramelized. Stir half way through cooking.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork. Heat the butter and milk in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute until the butter is almost melted. Add to the potatoes and stir to combine.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and carefully cut into bite sized pieces. Add to the potatoes, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Transfer to a serving dish immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Potatoes may also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Reheat or thaw potatoes in the microwave or a pot on the stove, adding more butter and milk as necessary for creamy potatoes.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
May take 1 to 4 days for full effect. Use as directed.