- 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, washed, peeled, and cubed
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pound green beans stemmed and washed
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, stemmed and washed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup crispy onions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to medium, cover and cook for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place the onions, green beans, and mushrooms on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season with pepper and red pepper flakes. Roast for about 30 minutes until tender and caramelized. Stir half way through cooking.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork. Heat the butter and milk in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute until the butter is almost melted. Add to the potatoes and stir to combine.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and carefully cut into bite sized pieces. Add to the potatoes, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Transfer to a serving dish immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Potatoes may also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Reheat or thaw potatoes in the microwave or a pot on the stove, adding more butter and milk as necessary for creamy potatoes.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes