This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
You probably don’t know this, but I don’t have a grill. Since I love to cook so much, I know this makes no sense, but I’d rather utilize my over and cooktop to create amazing meals.
That doesn’t mean I don’t like that great grill flavor. So I have a grill pan. It is so nice and gives that classic charred flavor we all love about grilled food.
I also love spicy foods. I love them so much, I often find my eyes watering and lips tingling at the end of dinner! That kick of flavor is so welcoming to my taste buds.
So I combined my love of my grill pan with my love of spicy foods to create a Grilled Peach Salsa with some of my favorite summer ingredients: peaches, cucumbers, avocados, sweet onions, cilantro. And I served it alongside another summer favorite, wild Alaskan salmon. Yum!
Since I didn’t have any hot peppers in the house, I added spice to my salsa by using El Yucateco Red Habanero and Green Habanero hot sauces that I picked up on my most recent trip to Meijer. I used them both because they hit different flavor notes. The Red is made with habanero peppers, so it brings the heat! It has a great pepper flavor though, instead of just tasting like vinegar like some hot sauces.
The Green Habanero also packs a punch of heat, with an added kick of garlic that I love because garlic is one of my favorite foods. El Yucateco also has a Caribbean Habanero Sauce that has carrots in it, so it’s slightly sweet with mild heat. I can’t wait to check that out! It sounds so unique.
The Red and Green Habanero Sauces combined go together really well and blend well with my other ingredients. It’s that contrast in flavors that makes this a dish I will prepare over and over again.
The spicy sauces match with the creamy avocado and sweet peaches. The warm peaches hit different notes than the cooling cucumber. I also added a bit of black pepper because it strikes a different note than the hot sauces.
This dish screams summer. It would be great alongside steak, chicken, another type of fish, or even just with some chips for an easy summer meal. Which flavor of El Yucateco do you want to try first?Print
- 2 peaches, pitted and halved
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon El Yucateco Red Habanero Sauce
- 1 tablespoon El Yucateco Green Habanero Sauce
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill pan over medium heat. Once hot, oil the peaches slightly with canola or olive oil and place flesh side down for 2-4 minutes. Check frequently so they don’t burn, you only want to warm them slightly and get a hint of color. Once done, remove them from the pan and allow to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, place onion, avocado, cucumber, and cilantro in a serving bowl. Dice the slightly cooled peaches and mix them into the bowl. Stir to combine. Add the sauces and black pepper and stir until fully incorporated. Serve alongside salmon or your protein of choice. Enjoy immediately.
Serve with your favorite protein or simply with chips!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes