- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ¼ cups hazelnut meal
- 1 cup pumpkin spice chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. I did this by hand, but feel free to use a hand or stand mixer. Beat in the egg and vanilla until once again light and fluffy.
- Add the baking soda and hazelnut meal and stir until incorporated. Stir in the chips. Refrigerate dough for at least one hour and up to overnight.
- When the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Using a regular sized ice cream scoop, scoop batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and somewhat set on top. Serve warm or cool completely on the pan. Cookies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days, or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about an hour or in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Recipe adapted from Bakerita
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes