- 1 medium bunch kale, stemmed and thoroughly washed
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- ½ – 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Dry kale thoroughly. Tear kale into bite size pieces and place on an unlined rimmed baking sheet. Cover the sheet entirely, but do not put more than one layer of kale or it will not bake properly. Sprinkle with black pepper and red pepper flakes. Drizzle on olive oil, and then mix with your hands to make sure all the leaves are coated in olive oil. Drizzle a little more if necessary. Excess will drain off during baking.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Check a few minutes before to make sure it is not done early, and it is possible it could require a few extra minutes, but 30 tends to do the trick. The kale will have shrunk down substantially. It should all be crispy, but not at all brown. It may be sizzling a little. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins