I’ve been keeping a secret from you. Kind of a big secret. But now, it’s time I share it with all of you. Brace yourselves. Ready? I’m messy. There, I said it. I’m Laura and I’m messy. Sometimes really messy, especially when food is involved.
When I’m baking, cooking, or eating, yeah, I’m kind of embarrassing to be around. The thing is, it’s so hard not to make a mess.
I mean, have you ever baked with sprinkles or confectioners’ sugar? They go everywhere. It’s uncontrollable, totally not my fault. And when cake batter or Italian meringue somehow ends up halfway across the room, it’s the mixer’s fault, not mine.
It’s even worse when I eat. I tend to get food everywhere. The counter, my hands, my clothes. By the end of the day, my fingers are probably berry stained, there’s a drip of smoothie on my jacket, and my fingers are sticky from the caramel I ate for dessert.
Luckily, I keep Wet-Nap canisters in my kitchen at all times. They are perfect for clean-ups on the counter, the floor, and even me. Because they are moistened, they grab all those tiny sprinkles instead of just pushing them around. They also happen to be antibacterial, so I don’t have to worry about that messy cake batter breeding any germs. They are great for on the go as well. I love to keep a canister in the car to clean up messes when I’m out and about.
I pick up my Wet-Nap products at Walmart because they have everyday low prices. Right now Wet-Nap is also offering a coupon for $.55 off any product. Be sure to check out their site for the offer while supplies last.
My Wet-Nap canister was called into action when I made this Microwave Caramel Sauce. This recipe is super easy to make, but it’s sticky and messy from start to finish. Okay, maybe that’s just because I was making it. There was caramel on the counter, caramel on my hands, and caramel on the floor. At least the mess was easy to clean up with my Wet-Nap canister! I’ll be keeping plenty more canisters on hand too, because I intend on making this caramel sauce all the time. It’s dangerously easy to make and so tasty with the perfect balance of sweetness.
Wet-Nap is also running a Most Original Mess contest. All you have to do to enter is upload a picture of your messy kid on the Wet-Nap website and promote it across social media for the chance to win a $1,000 Walmart gift card and a year’s supply of Wet-Nap products! Head to the Wet-Nap website for more details and to enter! Good luck!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cubed
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup, stir together sugar, corn syrup, water, and lemon juice. Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes until the caramel turns a light golden color. Keep an eye on it, as all microwaves are different, and it could take more or less time to cook.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave, as it will be very hot. Allow to sit for 4-5 minutes. The caramel will turn an amber color.
- While the caramel sits, heat the cream in a microwave-safe bowl for about 30 seconds, just to warm it. After the caramel has rested, add the cream slowly while whisking constantly. It may bubble. Whisk in the vanilla and butter. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Reheat in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
Recipe adapted from Eat. Drink. Love
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes