Healthy eating is a part of life for me. It’s how I live every single day. My countertops and refrigerators are loaded with fresh fruits and vegetables. I rely on oatmeal for breakfast and lean protein and salads for dinner. I actually look forward to these foods. I crave them just like a lot of people crave fast food and decadent desserts.
I still love eating the occasional giant slice of pie or cake. My day doesn’t feel complete without at least a small portion of candy, even if it’s just a couple Starburst. Life doesn’t have to be about deprivation, only moderation. At least that’s what I believe.
But eating healthy can sometimes get boring. How many ways are there to make a bowl of oatmeal exciting? After awhile they all taste the same. The premise holds for salads. Sure toppings and dressings can be switched up, but sometimes a salad is just a salad.
So I try to get creative in the kitchen, especially when it comes to breakfast bars. I have made my fair share of granola bars here on the blog. These Fruity Pebbles ones are some of my favorites. But I really have never made anything like these. They are sure to make breakfast or snack time much more exciting and keep things super healthy for the New Year.
They are so nutty with coconut, almond butter, and walnuts. Plus the Rice Krispies add an amazing texture. You’ll crave healthy food too if you whip up these no bake, gluten free treats!Print
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup almond butter (I really like the maple flavored ones)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups quick cooking oats (gluten free, if necessary)
- 1 cup Rice Krispies (gluten free)
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine oil, almond butter, and honey. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir. Microwave for an additional minute. The mixture should be bubbling. If it is not, microwave for an additional minute.
- Stir in the vanilla. Stir in the oats, Rice Krispies, walnuts, coconut, and chia seeds. Stir until fully combined and coated with the honey mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer. Refrigerate until firm. About 2 hours. Cut into bars. Bars may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or frozen wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about an hour or in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Additional chilling time is necessary
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Don’t forget to check out the other Sunday Supper dishes!
- Almond Mocha Smoothie from The Foodie Army Wife
- Chocolate-Covered Berries Green Smoothie from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Citrus DeTox Spa Water from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peachilious Smoothie from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Blissful Breakfast Items
- Apple Crumble Smoothie Bowl from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Light Eggs Benedict from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Multigrain Scones from The Texan New Yorker
- Nutty Granola Bars from Pies and Plots
- Reduced Sugar Donuts from The Ninja Baker
- Broccoli Pesto from Curried Cantaloupe
- Fava Bean and Avocado Guacamole from Pancake Warriors
- Homemade Snickerdoodle Peanut Butter from Wallflour Girl
- Norwegian Egg Benedict from Brunch with Joy
- Roasted Pumpkin and Chevre Bruschetta from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spicy Curried Lentil Spread with Winter Veggies from Lifestyle Food Artistry
Savory Soups and Sides
- Butternut Squash and Roasted Red Pepper Soup from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Light Creamed Roasted Vegetable Soup from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Detox Chicken Bok Choy Soup from Nosh My Way
- French Potato Leek Soup from Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Chicken Pho Soup from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Marinated Tomato and Mozzarella Salad from From Gate to Plate
- Quinoa Mango Pomegranate Spinach Salad with White Balsamic Vinigrette from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Red Cabbage and Golden Raisin Salad from girlichef
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Endive Slaw with Champagne Vinaigrette from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Spinach and Black Bean Ravioletti Soup from Big Bear’s Wife
- Black Pepper Tofu with Black Garlic Sauce from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fish Steamed with Spicy Couscous from Food Lust People Love
- Greek Style Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce from Nik Snacks
- Kale Pesto with Squash Noodles from Ruffles & Truffles
- Mexican Turkey Cutlets from Magnolia Days
- Meyer Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs, Fennel & Sweet Potato from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Portuguese Kale Soup from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Salmon with Mushroom Sauce from Cooking Chat
- Skinny Chicken-Leek Pot Pie from The Weekend Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa from Bobbi’s Kosy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Italian Barley & Sausage from Foxes Loves Lemons
- Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches from Food Done Light
- Tomato Goat Cheese Arugula Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Easy to be Green Chocolate Chip Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Fruit Parfait from Desserts Required
- Maple Pear Scones from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Easy Blackberry Crumble from The Perfect Brownie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.