- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (pasteurized if you like)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until fully incorporated. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating only until just combined. Add the oats, raisins, and coconuts; stir them in using a spatula or wooden spoon to avoid breaking the ingredients up too much.
- Using a regular sized ice cream scoop, scoop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Put 7 cookies on each sheet, with 3 rows of 2 and 1 placed at the bottom of the sheet in the middle.
- Bake cookies until they have spread, are golden brown around the edges, and a still very soft to the touch, about 20 minutes, rotating halfway through if necessary. Do not panic if the cookies are still tall mounds at the halfway point, they will even out by the end of the baking process. Cool completely on pans.
- Cookies can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days or frozen, wrapped in parchment paper and foil, placed in a zipper bag for up to 4 months. Thaw at room temperature for a couple of hours.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins