This post is sponsored by Pompeian. They’re encouraging us all to get festive in the kitchen this holiday season with their personalized olive oil bottles!
One of the best things about the holidays is making family recipes. I always look forward to baking something with mom on Thanksgiving and Christmas and throughout the holiday season. Whether we’re making one of my Granny’s favorite recipes to remind us of her as we miss her so much this time of year. Or maybe we’re thinking of our friends and family we can’t always see.
And sometimes we’re just making memories, knowing before long I will be off on my own, with a family and a career. We won’t always have endless amounts of time together, baking, cooking, talking, making a mess.
It’s so fun to keep traditions going, we make cinnamon rolls every New Year’s Day, for example, as well as create new traditions like these Olive Oil Tea Cookies. I love to keep these memories engrained in my mind, so just in time for the holidays, Pompeian is offering personalized bottles of their extra virgin olive oil with a family recipe and a family photo featured on a printable label. Now long after these Tea Cookies are gone, I can remember the fun we had making them with the personalized bottle.
It’s so easy to make a personalized label of your own, so head to Facebook.com/Pompeian or Pompeian.com to create a label of your own. I had a blast choosing a photo of a different great memory I had with Mom at Taste of the Lions. It will just take a few moments to make the label, so don’t worry about it taking up too much valuable time this busy time of year.
I love both cooking and baking with olive oil, so I always have Pompeian extra virgin olive oil stocked in my pantry. It is the first and only extra virgin olive oil with the USDA Quality Monitored Seal. Plus, it tells you exactly what countries the oil in that particular bottle came from. How cool is that???
Like I noted before, it might be unexpected to bake with olive oil, but it’s one of my favorite baking additions. These subtly sweet cookies are perfect with a cup of tea or coffee. The olive oil flavor shines through wonderfully, with a hint of orange in the background. Hazelnut meal adds complementary flavor and just a bit of texture in an otherwise pretty soft, melt in your mouth cookie.
Make some memories this holiday season by heading to the kitchen with your loved ones to make treasured family recipes. Don’t forget to make a label for your Pompeian bottle to remember all the fun!Print
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Pompeian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, hazelnut meal, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl stir together sugar, eggs, oil, and orange juice and zest until well incorporated. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop batter onto prepared pan and bake for about 15 minutes, until light golden brown. Cool completely on tray.
- Cookies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag, for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature for 1 hour of the microwave for 30 seconds.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Pompeian.