This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WonderfulYourWay #CollectiveBias
The holidays passed in a flash, so now it’s time to look ahead to the next big holiday: Valentine’s Day. I might be single, but I still love a single girl Valentine’s Day complete with flowers and candy and of course a great dinner.
Now I can make a super easy dinner that tastes and looks like it came from a restaurant thanks to Barilla® Pronto® Penne perfect for Valentine’s Day or any single girl date night. Of course it’s also perfect for real date nights. You know I did have a dream that I was dating Ryan Seacrest the other night … so you never know 😉
Back to the pasta. Barilla Pronto is a total dinner time hero since you add cold water and pasta to a skillet, turn on the heat, cook it for 10 minutes, and add any finishing touches, like sauce. Exact directions are on the box, but rest assured, it is super simple to make. It is an innovation that allows for one pan meals with no boiling water or draining the pasta, which is a really good thing considering I don’t have a strainer! I love even more that it is non-GMO and comes in a variety of shapes.
The penne was the perfect addition to this One Pan Shrimp Scampi. I added a little flare by cooking the pasta with thinly sliced garlic and a little cauliflower because I am always looking to add vegetables to my dinner.
Once the pasta was cooked, I added fresh lemon zest and juice, lots of parsley, and both black pepper and red pepper flakes. You could also add salt, but you know that’s not my favorite thing, so I left it out. I also threw in some precooked shrimp just to warm them through. So much easier than peeling, deveining and cooking my own shrimp!
I know you are wondering how the pasta turned out; I was curious too. Rest assured it maintains its shape and texture and comes out perfectly al dente. I really expected nothing less considering Barilla is known for great tasting, high quality pasta.
The flavors are bright with the lemon and garlic and just a hint of spice. While this dish is super comforting, it is also wholesome and well balanced, perfect for beating winter and keeping those New Year’s resolutions.
Joint the one pan revolution and pick up Barilla Pronto at Kroger. Also, be sure to check out more Barilla “Wonderful Your Way” recipe inspiration.Print
- 10 ounces Barilla Pronto Penne Pasta
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower, broken into small florets
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ bunch of parsley, leaves only
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 pound cooked and peeled shrimp, wild if possible
- Add cold water and pasta, along with garlic and cauliflower, to a large skillet according to box instructions. Turn on heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, most of the water should be absorbed. Add the lemon juice and zest, parsley, peppers, salt if using, and shrimp. Cook for another minute or 2 until everything is warmed through and well combined.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes