- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup maple sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups Paleo flour blend flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups diced peaches, fresh or frozen – thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil an 8 or 9 inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well combined. Stir in the flour and baking powder, followed by the peaches. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the batter with the nuts. In a small bowl, stir together cinnamon and remaining sugar. Sprinkle on top of cake and bake for about 1 hour until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Serve warm or cool completely in the pan.
- Cake may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or frozen, wrapped in parchment and foil and placed in a zipper bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the microwave about 1 minute.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour